Pinned/Tried/Loved It: DIY No-Sew Lace Dress


Okay you guys, this might be my favorite DIY project yet. Inspired by this pin, I decided to make it cheap and easy by using a thrifted dress, couponed lace, and iron-on adhesive, since I have zero sewing skills. So, I am telling you with 100% certainty, if I can make this dress, anyone can make this dress! As a side note, I know that fall weather is here and winter will soon follow, but don't let that keep you from making this dress! It could easily be cold-weatherized with a cardi and tights.

Here is a before/after comparison so you can see how adding lace and belting the waist did major wonders on a dress that was nothing but BLAH. Check it out:


What you need:
Dress // $4 Thrifted
Lace // $5.99 per yard + 40% off @ Joann, used about 3.5 yards
Iron-On Adhesive // $2.50 @ Joann
- - - - -
Total: $17 (give or take)

What you do: 
Measure and cut lace to fit your dress. I put lace all the way around on the bottom, but only put it on the front on top. Measure your iron-on adhesive strips to the same length as the lace pieces. Use as much as you need to keep the lace laying flat. I used strips on the top, middle and bottom of each piece of lace. Iron lace on following the directions for the iron-on adhesive. And voila. You've got yourself a custom dress that is too. die. for.




Happy DIY-ing!
xo, Sam

---
Linked to:
Craft-O-Maniac
Monday Funday 
Made by You Monday
Making the World Cuter

Labels: