This post has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. Thank you for supporting the great brands that support our blog! #HelloNutchello #CollectiveBias
Oh, 3 o'clock, you rascal. That is definitely the time of day when I board the struggle bus and wish for bedtime. Generally around that time my enthusiasm to be Mary Poppins has dissipated, the house is a crayon and play-doh minefield and I feel like going into the witness protection program. However, I do happen to have a new secret weapon for fighting the afternoon slump, and instead of dreading 3pm I've started to scheduling a 3pm with my happy place: a big, chocolatey glass of Silk Nutchello
, best poured over lots of ice. YUM.
is the most delicious dairy, soy, lactose, gluten, casein and carrageenan free beverage that is only 90 calories per serving, making it the perfect afternoon indulgence. Plus, it comes in three amazing flavors (Dark Chocolate & Walnut, Toasted Coconut & Cashew, Caramel Almond & Cashew) so you'll be begging for 3 o'clock to come around.
So, today I am sharing the most amazing recipe for Carrot Cake Banana Bread, perfect for pairing with a glass of Nutchello to take your 3pm break to the next level. It's 3pm somewhere, guys. Let's get to the deliciousness:
Carrot Cake Banana Bread
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour or white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup quick oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup shredded carrots (about 3 large carrots)
- 1/3 cup Silk Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1/4 cup pecans, plus 2 tablespoons for topping
For the frosting:
- 4 oz whipped or reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 8x4 or 9x5 inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, quick oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mashed banana, brown sugar, egg, egg white, and vanilla until well combined and creamy. Add in coconut oil, applesauce and almond milk, then fold in carrots. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Gently fold in 1/4 cup of pecans.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake for 45-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean with a few crumbs attached.
- Remove from oven and place on wire rack to cool for 15 minutes. Remove bread from pan and place on wire rack to finish cooling.
- To make cinnamon cream cheese frosting: Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla and cinnamon together on medium speed for a minute or until smooth. Spread over cooled bread. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons chopped pecans. Cut into 12 slices and enjoy!
Oh, this bread! It is like a carrot cake explosion in the most moist, flavorful, bread loaf. Plus, add that thick, creamy frosting and BAM, mouth party.
Pair that little loaf of heaven with your glass of Nutchello and you are set for 3pm bliss. SO good you that you won't mind that the kids are toilet papering the house while you enjoy.
So do it! Go enjoy yourself. You've certainly earned it after all the lego's you've stepped on. (Why does that hurt SO much? WHY?)
Find all of the insanely delicious Nutchello flavors at your local Walmart! You're gonna love them.
What are your tricks for fighting the late afternoon blues? Give it up!
ox. Liz & Sam