Today I am sharing with you my FAVORITE recipe to make once the weather cools down and the flavors of the holidays start showing up in the produce section. These cranberry-walnut cookies with white chocolate are the perfect combination of tart, sweet, and crunchy. They are moist and chewy, and along with being outrageously delicious they are gorgeous to look at with the chunks of red and white inside them. I love them so, and I'm so thrilled the season is here to make them! Here is how you do it:
Cranberry-Walnut White Chocolate Cookies | yield: 3 dozen cookies
2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened to room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 bag white chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries, chopped
1 1/2 cups walnuts, chopped
Recipe adapted from Bakerella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugars with a mixer for about 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at at time until combined. Add vanilla and mix until combined.
- Then add flour mixture slowly and mix until just combined.
- Stir in cranberries, walnuts and white chocolate chips.
- Roll into 1 1/2 inch balls and place two inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes or until done.
See what I said? Gorgeous. Nature always makes the prettiest (and most delicious!) things and cranberries are some of the prettiest. That red!
Can you handle the deliciousness? I could stare at this one all the live-long day. YUM.
Happy holiday baking!