On being a princess








When I came out of my room dressed in this outfit Redder, my 3-year-old, came running toward me dressed as Batman (per usual) and yelled "You're a princess! That's a princess dress! I'm Thor!" And even though I had the impulse to sit him down and have a conversation with him about A. the fact that this is clearly a maxi skirt and not a dress and B. what appears to be a superhero identity crisis, I decided to just go with it because in this scenario I was a princess.

And even though the only reason I wear princess-like maxi skirts is because I don't have to shave or cross my legs, and even though the title came from my toddler who once tried to eat a battery, I'm gonna hold on to this title until Kate Middleton herself comes to pry it from my cold, dead hands. Or until she comes and takes me to lunch. And eats a hamburger in front of me. And tells me all the dirt about Harry. You know, general princessy things.

ox. Liz, Her Royal Highness the Duchess of Maxi Skirts

---
Top c/o: Oasap
Skirt c/o : Oasap
Necklace: c/o: Our World Boutique
Bag: c/o Daily Frills

Labels: