This post has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, but all opinions shared are my own. Thank you for supporting the companies that support our blog! #ShareMemories #CollectiveBias
At our house Coke isn't just a drink, it's pretty much a member of the family. For us it accompanies every large gathering or mundane task, my mom's fridge is always stocked full of it and because family traditions mean so much to me I also keep my own fridge stocked with the goodness too (guys, it's important to pass down family values, ok?). I live for hanging out and sharing a Coke with my people by the pool in the summer and I dream about those kind of days all year long. So today I am bringing you a recipe that brings together all the best flavors of summer combined into one outrageous treat that gives you those nostalgic summery feelings anytime. It's the Dirty Coke Float and it's gonna rock your world.
Dirty Coke Floats with 3-Ingredient Coconut Ice Cream
For the ice cream:
1 c. whipping cream
3/4 c. cream of coconut (Cream of coconut is not the same thing as coconut milk. You'll find it near the drink mixers section of the store.)
1/2 c. sweetened coconut flakes
For the floats:
1/2 lime per float, squeezed
1 12 oz. bottle or can of Coke or Diet Coke
Make the ice cream:
1. Chill a large mixing bowl along with the beaters from your electric mixer (or whisk attachment of a stand mixer) in the fridge for about 15 minutes until cool. Remove from the refrigerator and pour the whipping cream into the chilled bowl. Beat on high speed until stiff peaks form.
2. Gently stir in the cream of coconut and sweetened coconut.
3. Spoon into a freezer safe container, cover, and freeze for about 4 hours or overnight.
Make the floats:
1. Squeeze lime juice into a chilled glass (feel free to add more lime juice to taste).
2. Add glass/bottle of Coke to glass.
2. Add two scoops of premade coconut ice cream and start enjoying summertime heaven!
Along with the outrageous deliciousness of these floats I am obsessed with Coke's fun specialty bottles. From the 20-ounce bottles that have proper names on them (I feel like my Coke and I have had a special bond for some time now, but now that it knows my name we are on another level) to the fun glass bottles I used (those suckers are CUTE) that have names like "Superstar," it makes sharing a Coke even more special. I am getting so excited to visit Sam this summer and have big plans to make sure our first order of business is to kick back with a Coke and celebrate the superstar momma and sister that she is. That glass bottle was made for her.
This is just one of the DELISH ways I plan to share memories this summer with a Coke. How will you create memories this summer with family and friends? Find your name and the names of the people you love here and get to sharing! And be sure to visit a Giant Eagle store near you (where I buy my Coke products) and share a Coke today!
Have a great day!