Sixty Days.






Yesterday we spent our sixtieth day in the NICU with our little babe. Crazy! I must admit, it's pretty wacky what our new normal has become - spending hours upon hours every day at the hospital, being away from my husband so he can take care of our house and go to work during the week, living with my parents, leaving the little babe every night - all of it is just a wild reminder of how you can handle pretty much anything when you are forced into it! We do still have a little longer to go, and our little man will be high risk developmentally, but we are thrilled with the progress he has made over the last two months. I've said it before and I'll probably say it a million times more, we are so thankful to all of you for your words of love and support. They have boosted us during some of our lowest times, and we wish we could thank all of you individually.

Now that we have made it past the point of constantly walking on eggshells, baby has decided to initiate us into parenthood and show us just how good he is feeling nowadays. For instance, on Saturday, husband and I were paying a visit to the NICU, and mid-diaper change, baby (who is still working on developing his bowels...TMI?) had a ginormous... um... release... if you know what I mean, which destroyed this very outfit. Not sure how such a little body could have such projectile or volume, but for me it was thrilling! My baby's bowels are working! I have proof all over my shirt! Little victories in the NICU, ya know? Also, needless to say, its a good thing the outfit was photographed before our visit.

You have hereby read our first story about poop on the PLA. It might be gross, but it's awesome gross because my baby can successfully make and expel poop. That's big to us...so there. :)

Happy Monday!
xo, Sam

---
Shirt: c/o SheInside
Pants: Borrowed from my Momma.
Shoes: Amazon $17.99

Labels: