I get knocked down, but I get up again...






Yesterday, on the first day of this, the new year, when spirits are high and the possibilities are endless, I began this new chapter with all its hopefulness and wide open prospects by falling down the stairs. Wood ones. Hard. On my back. And all the things in my hands went flying. And I think I might have yelled something profane as I went down but it all happened too fast to be sure. There was flailing. There were thuds. Loud ones. 

Now listen, ya I'm 30 weeks pregnant so that's kinda scary and my first thought was worry for the babe, but I promise she is fine so let's get back to focusing on me. You see, at first I was like, "WTF, 2014!? THIS is how you are gonna be? Throwing in stair collisions on the first day all willy-nilly? You're the worst!" Then, the more I pondered I realized that no, I was thinking about it all wrong. This is a sign! 2014 is gonna be awesome! It's gonna be amazing! You fell down the stairs the FIRST day! It's only up from here, both literally AND figuratively! Plus, the experience allowed me the opportunity to reference that Chumbawumba song from the 90's in my post title and that kind of blogging gold is enough to ensure that this year will be bomb. 

So friends, allow me to formally welcome you to this, the best year ever. The year of getting the falls out of the way early so we can get right to the good stuff. And there's sure to be lots of that. 

Happy New Year! 
ox/Liz

---
Sweater: c/o SheInside
Coat: c/o SheInside
Blouse: Old Navy 12.99
Jeans: Charlotte Russe 19.99
Boots: Amazon 24.99

Labels: