PLA Cooks: Cranberry Orange Bread with White Chocolate


Tis the season for all the good stuff. Like cranberries. I saw a bunch of those red, shiny beauties at Trader Joe's and before I could even think about what the heck I would do with them I just put them in my cart because PRETTY and FESTIVE. 

If I'm being honest, however, I have never in my life made anything with fresh cranberries so I knew I had to do something basic, like this bread. What a GOOD decision. The tartness of the cranberries mixed with the citrus of the orange mixed with the sweetness of the white chocolate, it's all just right. This bread is moist, beyond delish, the perfect mix of winter flavors, and fool proof. It would be perfect for family gatherings, wrapped up as holiday neighbor gifts, or just a snowy Sunday night with a BIG cup of hot chocolate. YUM. 


Cranberry Orange Bread with White Chocolate

Ingredients:
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup sugar
3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
1 tbsp orange zest
2 tbsp canola oil
1 large egg
1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
1 cup white chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375F and lightly grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan. Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add in in orange juice, orange zest, oil and egg and mix until just combined. Stir in cranberries and white chocolate chips. Spread evenly in loaf pan. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a rack for 15 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely before slicing. Makes one 9 x 5-inch loaf.




I'm obsessed. MAKE THIS ONE. You will be BERRY happy. 
ox/Liz 

Labels: ,