#LiveWithoutPretending

Pretty Life Anonymous: #LiveWithoutPretending

Pretty Life Anonymous: #LiveWithoutPretending

Pretty Life Anonymous: #LiveWithoutPretending
jacket: c/o Tailor and Stylist | scarf: $12 TJ Maxx | top: $25 Violet Hill Boutique | 
jeans: $15 Gap Outlet | flats: $11 Old Navy

Pretty Life Anonymous: #LiveWithoutPretending

As I was planning my outfit today and thinking about what I should wear with this fabulous new (p)leather jacket (sent to me by the lovely Tailor and Stylist), I decided I wanted to look HOT, because leather jackets are HOT, right? So, when I initially put it on, I  paired it with some some flare pants and sky-high heels. And let me tell you, I was lookin' fly.

But let's face it, if you are in any way familiar with this blog, you know that skinny jeans are my uniform and flats or boots are their BFF. Those suckers just go together for me; chocolate sauce and ice cream, ya know? And in my world, heels come in the form of comfy wedges that gotta be about 3 inches or less and are generally only worn with a skirt/dress to church, where I get to sit 95% of the time.

And so, as I looked at myself in the mirror in my sassy flares and I heels, I exhaled, kicked those heels off, and thought "Nope. Not me".

Right now in Utah there is a little movement going around that I am currently obsessed with, started by a morning show here, asking people to live without pretending on the interwebs. I love that idea. Something that has always bothered me in the blog world is the "pretend living" that you often see. Bloggers with perfect little Anthro-drenched houses, whose lives are bliss, and they eat artisan baked goods regularly but never gain weight, and they have stylish kids who never cry, and they have expendable incomes for high-end clothes, and they wear their high heels to the grocery store because they are just that fab. If that is really your life, you amaze me, but I know it's not mine.

So, even though the heels would've been hottttt, I kicked them off, because I gotta be me. And here at PLA, you can count on that, because we're your girls. We're gonna blog without faces, we're gonna tell you we bought our jeans at ROSS, we're gonna wear our cheap flats, and we're gonna try our best to be what we are.

#LiveWithoutPretending
ox/S.


Labels: