Four Things Friday!

-->
Guys. My baby is crying. I'm trying to pack and not freak about flying solo across country with child when this weekend is over. I could only come up with four things. It's a new year. I'm simplifying. So, welcome to the maiden voyage of FOUR things Friday! YOLO.


1. This waaaay cool no-sew DIY series over at Say Yes to Hoboken. Can't wait to try all of them!
(Find it here)


2. This is my last weekend in Utah before I head back home to Pennsylvania. I can't believe it's already over! Therefore, this weekend will be filled with me stuffing my face with all the food goodness that Utah has to offer that PA does not. One of my favs is the yum yum YUMMY "Nuts About Berries Salad" over at Cafe Zupas, and I just so happen to have come across a fab knock-off recipe for this salad so I can make it when I head back east. I'll share: 

Cafe Zupas Nuts about Berries Salad 

Raspberries
Blueberries
Strawberries
Blackberries
Cinnamon almonds
Chopped romaine lettuce
Poppyseed dressing

Poppyseed Dressing:
1/2 c. Heinz gourmet Salad vinegar or apple cider vinegar
1 t. dry mustard powder
3/4 inch slice purple onion minced fine
1/2 t. salt
1 T. poppy seeds
3/4 c. sugar
1 c. vegetable oil
Blend.

Mix all the ingredients together.  I cut up the strawberries but left the rest of the berries whole.  To make the cinnamon almonds, I used almond slices and tossed it with brown sugar and cinnamon to coat and then toasted them.  Again, mix as much or as little dressing as you want.  This also makes about 2 cups of dressing. YUM. 


3. During my holiday visits in Utah I finished up Ally Condie's Matched series and I liked it. It's a very light read, interesting story, good characters, etc. Perfect for trying to escape reality and pretend it's not the most depressing month of the year.



4. I LOVE THIS SONG. That's all I can say really. Brandi Carlile is BEYOND. The end.




HAPPY FRIDAY!
Hope it's a great one!

OX/W.

Labels: