Pinned/Tried/Loved It: Apple Pie Bites


News Flash: Yesterday was election day. And if you're like me, after a long night of drama, you could use something today with carbs, and butter, and sugar. Plus, there is nothing more American then apple pie, or using food to make you feel better, so today's pinned/tried/loved/it just feels right.

And while I LOVE a good apple pie, with only 1.5 other humans living in my house, I just can't commit to making a whole pie. So, at the risk of not seeming American enough, I turned to Pinterest where I came across this little gem that I pinned, tried, and loved. These little mini's were sooo easy, and so delicious I probably could have eaten a whole apple pie's worth. Oh, the irony.

Here's the details:

Apple Pie Bites
1/2 c. sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 pkg. (14.1 oz.} refrigerated pie crust
3 tbsp. melted butter, divided
2 medium tart apples, each cut into 8 wedges

In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon, set aside 1 Tbsp. On a lightly floured surface, unroll the pastry. Brush with 2 Tbsp. melted butter, sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture. Cut each sheet into 8 one inch strips, about 8 in. long.

Wrap one strip around each apple wedge, placing sugared side of pastry against apple. Place on parchment paper lined baking sheet. Brush tops with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar mixture. bake at 425 for 13-15 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Serve warm. Makes 16.





Pin it! Try it! You'll love it. Promise.
And to see the other projects/recipes in our pinned/tried/loved it series, click here.

OX/ W.


Labels: ,