Are YOU a Thanksgiving Bully?


 
{shirt: c/o SheInside | jeans: $14.99 Gap | flats: $6.49 Old Navy} 


Hi, friends.

Next week is Thanksgiving, and I really really love Thanksgiving. I mean a FOOD holiday, and a THANKFUL holiday? Come on! However, it seems that there are many who don't share my affection for the day. So, in today's post I am going to be an advocate for this sweet holiday by saying just a few things. I will be lecturing you. I begin with this opening argument:

Give Thanksgiving the attention it deserves, people!
{I'm not yelling at you, I'm just telling you loudly.}

You see, there is far too much Thanksgiving-skipping going on these days, and I don't agree with it. I know that this whole winter/holiday season tends to blend together a little bit, and I know that Thanksgiving music doesn't really exist, and that there are far too few Thanksgiving movies, so it can be tempting to listen to Christmas music and watch Christmas movies. But that is no excuse. Halloween never gets overshadowed because of excitement for Thanksgiving. And guys, a holiday where people dress up as Freddie Kruger, come to your door, and FORCE you to give away your candy over a holiday where baking 9 pies and eating them ALL is customary? Really?

Also, there will be pleeeenty of time for you to listen to Mariah singing about all she wants for Christmas, so just cool it. Give each their own time! Don't be a Thanksgiving bully and trample over it with your early Christmas excitement.

So there. Let's just be thankful. Let's enjoy the turkeys and pilgrims and fall colors just a little while before rushing into evergreens and snowflakes and stockings. Together, we can save Thanksgiving. Together, we can eat pie until we have to unbutton our pants and not feel pressure to put the tree up before it's time for seconds. This is my dream.

Thankful for Thanksgiving!
Thankful for you, dear reader!
xo, S



Labels: