First Boot Day.

The images below document my first boot day of the year! It's is officially fall now, after all. What the images below do not document, are the harrowing circumstances that surrounded the wearing of these boots. I will now tell the tale. 

You see, it all started with what seems like a simple thing, the babe had just gone down for a nap. But what I now know as a new mother that I did not know before is that putting and keeping a baby asleep are MATTERS OF LIFE AND DEATH. Seriously. That baby has GOT to sleep. I need to eat. I need to take showers. So I put the babe down for his nap, only to realize that the boots I need to get ready are packed in the fall clothing boxes, in his closet. I need them, I've got places to go, people to see. The outfit is set up in my mind. There is a crispness in the air outside. It's after the official first day of fall. I need the boots. 

So, I tiptoe, then I take 10 minutes to sliiiiiiiiiiiiiiide open the closet door. Then to my relief, the box with the boots is on top. Then to my dismay, there is a tv on top of it. A TV!! Can this be done? I need those boots, the outfit won't make sense without them, the weather begs for them, so I press on. Then I see that the TV is wrapped in BUBBLE WRAP, which is now turning this whole thing into a major minefield situation. Cursing my cautious-packer-self I do my best to avoid what could be the noisy downfall of this entire operation, and I succeed, moving the TV off of the box without a stir from the babe. 

Now I am at the finish line. I open the lid to the box and begin to dig through the sea of boots until I see them, the camel riding boots. I pull them out from the bottom of the box, the buckles jingle against each other and I freeze. Somehow the babe stays still. In a boot-weather miracle, I free the boots, tip-toe out of the nursery and into the safety of the hall. I pull the boots on, the outfit is complete. All is right in the world. 

Then, all of a sudden the hall fills with a screeching sound, and a voice from above starts to yell, "Low battery, low battery!" It's terrible. It's loud. It's the FREAKING fire alarm. The babe rustles, then starts to scream. Then I start to scream too. Hard. Everyone is screaming. It's chaos. But in the midst of the chaos is my outfit. I got my boots. Fall is here. FALL. So scream on, baby. Scream on. 

(Or don't. Go to sleep. Let me shower. Please. I beg of you.)

 Top: c/o DownEast Basics Jeans: F21 16.99 Boots: Urban OG 17.99




Happy boot weather!
ox. W

PS. Like my freakin cute top? It's from DownEast Basics FAB new fall line. And you can win an item of your choice from that very line right now in our giveaway. You could get the same top as me. Then we could wear them and go to lunch. People will love it. Just sayin.

Labels: