DIY Nursery Series: Yarn Mobile.

In case you haven't heard, there's a baby coming soon around here. A real, live, baby. Someone at church asked me yesterday how far along I was, and when I told her 32 weeks she said, "That means you only have 8 garbage days until the baby will be here!" And then I thought to myself that that was sort of a weird way to countdown life, but instead of saying anything in reply I just walked away with glazed over eyes because guys, EIGHT GARBAGE DAYS LEFT. Sheesh. 

So, I thought I would show you some projects I have been working on for baby boy's nursery. Nearly everything in there is going to be DIY or refashioned from lots of things I have thrifted or already have with the goal to not spend more than $150 on the whole room. It's gonna be cuuuute. Real cute. 

First up, a little DIY mobile. 

I was inspired by this mobile on Pinterest, but since looking at felting tutorials pretty much made my head explode, I decided to cross it with this mobile out of balls of yarn. 

All you need is: 
-Varying sizes of foam balls (I got mine at Hobby Lobby)
-Yarn 
-String
-One BIG, long, needle
-Crochet hoop
-Glue Gun
-Patience (This you cannot purchase at the store;. So verrrry unfortunate.)
-Optional: Paint. I chose to paint my foam balls first, which I think saved me some time in the yarn winding because I didn't have to cover every piece of white space. That's totes up to you though.


Paint your foam balls (if you choose to go that way), and then start wrapping those suckers up. I would secure with a dot of glue after every few times around the balls just to keep everything in place.


Then, poke holes through the balls with your needle and start feeding those suckers through. I used a bead to secure the bottom ball, but after that I just used hot glue to secure them how I wanted them. Once you have all of the balls in place, just string them around the hoop, secure with more hot glue, and you're done!





I love it. And I'm pretty sure that my child will be a 
genius as a result of staring at it from his little crib. Just sayin. 

oxox/W. 




PS. The winner of the $30 gift card to Hobby Lobby for filling out our survey is:

TaraCollapse
Survey=DONE. And that video was awwwwwwesome.



CONGRATULATIONS Tara! Email us at prettylifeanonymous@gmail.com to claim your prize!

And HUUUUGE thank you to all of you fabulous readers who took the time to fill out the survey. Your input was so appreciated! We just love you. Mean it.


Labels: