Obvi, today's Five Things is all Christmas, and includes what I believe to be Christmas Eve/Day staples. Here goes:
1. New Jammies. Does your family do this tradition? If not, you should. It is a fairly affordable way to spread Christmas cheer, and to force adults to dress all the same which I am way into. Here are some super cute options you could run out and stock up on for Christmas day:
2. Watch White Christmas, my absolute FAVORITE movie at Christmastime. Also, the wardrobe in the movie is FANTASTIC. Rosemary and Vera are to die for:
Also, what female on this earth would not want to put on one of the Santa dresses from the end and just twirl?
I know of no one. Not one.
3. Drink hot chocolate with every meal. And look at this simple and darling idea for dressing it up! Just dip a couple of candy canes in chocolate and you have taken your hot chocolate experience to the next level, people.
4. Pause everything to remember why we celebrate Christmas at all. Read this inspired talk by President Gordon B. Hinckley, read the story of Christ's birth here, and watch this stunning video that brings it all to life:
5. Tell the people you love that you love them. If you are really crafty, you could even do it in a really classy and festive Christmas card, like this:
Merry Christmas, readers! Love you, mean it.
Have a wonderful Christmas, and a sassy New Year.
We'll be back in 2012!
oxoxo/W & S