1. These suuuuuper cute color block shirts at Old Navy right now:
I love them! I think they are the perfect summer to fall transition shirt. AND they are only 17.94 AND if you buy one today you can use the code onget15 AND get an extra 15% off. Just sayin.
2. The hikers were released!
I am not kidding you when I say these hikers were my Casey Anthony. Serious. I have followed them relentlessly, read every article, watched every special, friended them all on facebook, everything. So when they were released this week after two years in an Iranian prison, I was so happy, and I cried, and no one wants to talk to me anymore because they do not care about hearing any more about them from me. But I don't care, because I think it is such a miracle that they are home. And I love that there is this whole love story thing with Sarah and Shane getting engaged while imprisoned. I can't help it. Have you seen this video of them running of the plane to their families? Absolutely killer. You'll love it.
3. The jewelry from 31 Bits:
Have you heard of this company? Absolutely amazing. And all of the jewelry is handmade by women in Uganda all from paper. Read about what they do here, and visit the shop here.
4. Will you indulge me in my nerdiness once again? It would be much obliged. I want to tell you about the book I am in the middle of, and I am obsessed:
You see, once I have finished talking to someone about the hikers getting released and they start to get a glazed over look in their eyes and there is an awkward lull in the conversation, I then automatically launch into telling them about this book, because who doesn't love talking about human cells being harvested for medical research while in casual conversation in the dentist office waiting room? Nobody, that's who. But seriously, it is the most fascinating book I have read in awhile. And even though it is nonfiction and the subject matter was something I never knew I cared about, Skloot has a way of making it all very literary and fun to read. I can't explain it, I just recommend it.
5. It is no secret that S and I are big Sara B. lovers. I think she has probably been featured in about 80% of our five things posts because she is just so great. And if you don't believe me, you certainly will after you watch her new video that came out this week. I LOVE:
Aren't you so happy now? Feeling the urge to reenact it? Good, that is what I was hoping you'd say. Meet me at Walgreens at 2:00. Wear leather. Duh.
And don't forget to enter to win the darling scarf we are giving away from Violet Hill. You don't want to miss out on this one, people.
Have a great weekend! oxoxox/W.