1. My favorite website in the whole world wide web, CakeWrecks.com.
Yes, this website has been around practically since the internet began. However, I look at it everyday and it brings me so much true joy that I feel I should include it in a 5 things post at some point whether you know about it or not. Today is that day. I'm so glad that this website exists. It has blessed my life.
2. So, you remember when I was obsessed with Lands' End's summer line? Well, it's fall soon, and guess what? Obsessed again. Lands' End canvas is cute and not granola. There, I said it. It feels good to get it out. And although it is mostly out of our cheap-girls price range, they have great sales, which I will be stalking the website for. This is a collage of the blazer, booties, boots, and shirt I need from the fall collection:
3. Tristan Prettyman's latest single, Say Anything.
Don't all the pictures make you want her life? I love her. And I think the song is freaking great.
4. My Momma's raspberry sherbet.
This recipe is the easiest, yummiest thing that you MUST make before the hot weather ends. Once you do you will likely want to send me an email telling me my Momma is a genius, but you don't have to. I'll be sure to pass the sentiment along in advance, since I know how much you will love it. This treat is a fabulous go-to that is always a hit for parties and get togethers. And you can eat it plain or pour sprite over it and make it a float. I know, I know, like I told you, she is a genius.
1/2 gallon pineapple sherbet, softened
1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
2 10oz pkg frozen raspberries, partially thawed
3-4 bananas, diced
20oz can crushed pineapple with juice, chilled
Combine all ingredients in a LARGE plastic bowl. Stir well until mixed. (I find that a potato masher works great at smoothing the lumps in the ice cream.) Return to freezer and freeze for 2-3 hours. Remove from freezer about 20 minutes before serving.
5. Allow me to introduce you to my new favorite Etsy shop, Son of a Sailor. I am obsessed. You will be too, but don't blame me. Blame the cuteness.
Hand painted leather bracelets! Button earrings! Charm bracelets! Hand stamped and hand painted brass necklaces! Braided stacking bracelets! I die.
And they have the most darling tumblr that was quickly added to my favorites list the moment I saw it. Just talented people, I tell you.
And the lovely folks over at Son of a Sailor (Jessica and William, to be exact) are giving away one of my FAVORITE pieces from their shop, a Pecos bracelet, to a lucky reader. Just look at them:
You could win one in the design of your choice!!! I'll get down to business since I know you are likely dying to enter:
To enter you must be a follower of the Pretty Life Anonymous and you must visit the Son of a Sailor shop and tell us which Pecos bracelet design you would choose if you won!
And for bonus entries:
-Follow Son of a Sailor on Tumblr
-Add the Son of a Sailor Tumblr to your blogroll
-Like Son of a Sailor on Facebook
-Follow us on twitter
-Tweet about this giveaway
-Add our blog to your blogroll
-Post a blog about our giveaway
-Post the giveaway link on your facebook wall
Make sure you leave a comment for each entry!
GOOD LUCK fine people.
Giveaway closes Thursday, August 25th at midnight!
Love you, mean it.