Tuesday, April 5, 2011

We Are Family...

When W and I first started planning this blog, one thing was very hard for us to accept-- showing our faces. We really aren't hideous. Maybe just awkward or something. You definitely wouldn't take us seriously if we pulled a Kristine or Ashley. They are SO good at what they do. Anyway, we knew that until we had a some sort of following (like more than ten) we didn't want to disclose our identity, just in case it was a total failure. We even waited until we had 100 followers before telling our own mother.

When we told mom, we made it very clear that this whole thing was a secret. We wouldn't even let her tell our dad. Well, bless mom's heart, less than a week later I saw our blog link being sent from her to her sister, our aunt, on Facebook. Awesome. Needless to say, the "secret" didn't last, and it has now spread like wildfire among our family and friends.

So, I want to say hi, family members and friends who read this. Thanks for reading even though you know what our faces look like, how obnoxious we can be, and how un-stylish we are the majority of the time. We love you.

I also want to say hi to those of you who read even though you don't know what our faces look like. We are so glad you found us. And we love you, too.

And since it is just a big love fest we have going on right now, it seems like a perfect time to tell you how much I really love this dress I found the other day.

{dress: 13.99 ROSS, blazer: 8.00 DI, necklace: came on a shirt from Kohl's, shoes: 21.99 ROSS}
You like?

Be honest. We are all family here.

Love,
-S.

22 comments:

  1. I love how the stripes have polka dots in them. pattern mixing to the extreme! and that necklace is fab.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I do like it!! And I LOVE the necklace. I tried telling my mum that I have a blog, and she was like.. a blog?!? And I said yeah. End of conversation. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...I totally thought all that talk was leading to the big reveal of your faces! I got all excited! :/

    Lidi @ Eclectic Flair

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAhah that's what mom's are for :)

    Love the black, white and red combo!

    And someday I would love to see your faces!!

    xoxo
    Stephanie&Such

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that you are anonymous, it's a way cool secret :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess I just don't understand the anonymity thing. Are you trying to protect your jobs or something?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, I love the dress! I totally get you with the anonymity . . . I've thought to myself that I would love to start a fashion blog except, first of all, I'm not terribly fashionable (whoops) but also I wouldn't want people thinking I'm, I don't know, just trying to show off how cute I think I am or something, if that makes sense . . . I dunno, it makes sense in my head ;-) I'd love to see your pretty faces, but you just keep on being headless as much as you like!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm new to you little bloggy and I just have to say I love this post and I *LOVE* that you are anonymous! For some reason, it makes it so much more about the fashion than the person...which makes me like you more! (c: I have very random trains of thought, so sorry if the train jumps the tracks occasionally! But the outfit is fantastic...I'm a huge b&w stripes fan, you pretty much can't go wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ahhhhhhhhhhh ok i love this. Ross?! c'mon! I've been looking for a striped dress lately! and I work right next door to a ross, I'm totally checkin the place out. and that thrifted blazer holy cow. CUTE!

    www.makersofshoes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh indeed...i love it!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey thank you so much! The concept for your blog is totally amazing! But now I'm totally curious about your faces hahah :) cute outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  12. will you ever show your faces? :)

    love your striped dress btw

    Just Better Together

    ReplyDelete
  13. you look great!!
    http://sienastyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Erm. I don't like. I LOVE! You look fab.

    C x
    http://www.memiorsofalittlethingcalledlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it. I really love the shoes. I am dying for red shoes!! :) Super cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like! I don't comment often enough but you girls are brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute dress. My family knows about my blog too.

    http://amyfashionblog52.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this dress and the red heels just finish the outfit off perfectly!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very cool blog!

    I just found your blog through one of the Wednesday blog hops. Have a great week!!

    Amanda @ www.nutritionistreviews.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your family must love it! You are both always so classy and put together!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very cute! And your post was making me laugh...not at you, with you! Keep the posts coming!

    ReplyDelete

You must know how much we love validation. Bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...