First off, let me thank you all for the overwhelming response to the poll post. You sure know how to give a girl some information. I mean, seriously. As for my opinions... I will share them. But as a preface, I need you to know that these are my opinions. That just means I wouldn't wear them... that doesn't mean you shouldn't. Plus, as lots of you said, its all about styling. The right styling of any of these things might just make me a believer.
That's all I have to say about that. Thanks for indulging me, and for your input! I love to get a little fashion debate going!
- Maxi dress: Of course these all depend on body types and styling, but for the most part, I think maxi dresses give the illusion of really long legs and are super fun for summer.
- Shorts over tights: I love it... on other people. I think its classy and creative and a perfect way to mix fun colors and patterns.
- Flare (FLARE!) pants: I'll go ahead and say that I am just not into the enormous flares. I'm more into timeless pieces, and I think these are on their way out sooner rather than later. Also, I really like my shoes to not be hidden under giant pant legs.
- Lace-up boots: I'm just going to say no.
- Fur vests: Currently being in the mindset of having a workable closet and re-mixable clothing, I would probably give this one a no, simply for functionality. Other than that, I have no problem.
- Large, fake glasses: I just don't understand wearing glasses if you don't need glasses. Also, I think they hide important facial features, and never have they improved anyone's appearance. And while some people look super cute in them, overall I am going to say no go.
Now, is anyone else totally over 30 for 30? Maybe I am just because I am like the only person in the world who did it for 30 CONSECUTIVE days, which makes it the most maddening project ever. Needless to say, tomorrow is day 30, and I could not be happier. Except now I am afraid that I will never want to wear my 30 chosen items ever again. See days 27-29 below.
Labels: 30 for 30, poll, style