Sunday, February 20, 2011

I guess I'm a princess...

On Sunday nights I get way depressed. Like way. I get so out of my mind that I become fussy like a 3 year old, sometimes even throwing full-blown tantrums. It's a mystery to me as to why exactly this happens because I really like school, work isn't completely horrible, and I'm not so busy that I could die. And yet, week after week, I behave this way.

My husband, however, has learned to deal with this event, which has actually become anticipated at our house, by getting me a cup of ice cream with milk poured over it (its my latest version of ice cream that I am obsessed with, preferably with ice cream of the chocolate variety), laying me on the couch, putting a pillow under my head, covering me with not one but two blankets, turning on Cupcake Wars or Cake Boss, and rubbing my feet and hands with warm lotion. 

Can you believe this?

Don't ask me what I did to deserve such treatment, but let's just say it's not really discouraging my negative behavior. It's actually kinda reinforcing it. I was afraid that if I told him that, he would stop. But last night when there were zero I-hate-Monday outbursts (we have the day off), he still treated me like royalty.

Hello!?! Yes, I'm lucky. Permission granted to roll your eyes.

Now, as a result, I was thinking I could probably bag the poor pathetic S thing, and just start looking forward to the Sunday night princess treatment. Cool.

In other news, 30 for 30 is really starting to take its toll. Like, give me a break, I don't really like wearing the same stuff so frequently. Maybe I will shift my pouting episodes from Sunday nights to mornings when I gotta figure out remixing my outfits and see what kind of therapy my husband comes up with then. Yes, I think I'm on to something here...

Anyway, here are days 18-21:

Also, big huge congrats to Emily Rose on winning the darling thrifted red bag giveaway!  Email us with your address when you get a chance, and we will send that to you ASAP.
Have a great week!

-S


20 comments:

  1. wow, those red tights are fabulous and i love the pants you're wearing for day 20. the cuffed hem is fabulous!

    cute and little

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, you are so spoiled! What an awesome husband to do all that for you. And milk over ice cream? Interesting. I'll have to give it a whirl.

    North Meets South

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your outfit - it's cute!

    http://mylyfe-mystory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forced myself to pick a fave - it was hard, but the winner is...n. 20. N. 19 was a close second.

    I kind of get the Sunday night blues as well despite things going pretty well here, too. I think the better your weekend it is, the harder it is to deal with Monday. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm pretty sure red tights make everything amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a definite keeper! I've got a pretty good one myself. If I only have vanilla ice cream on hand I often add coco, coconut flakes and sometimes even coconut milk. Yum!

    Also, I referred to you in my post today, towards the bottom!

    http://rememberingself.blogspot.com/2011/02/weekend-review-day-18-19.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww that was so sweet of your husband! Lucky girl :) Great outfits by the way, really love 20 and 21 x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking good! Day 21.... you are so close. I'm jealous. I'm on day 15. I would be on 16, but I have the day off and I'm rocking elastic waist pants.

    ReplyDelete
  9. the third outfit is my favourite!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your hubby is such a sweetie pie! Enjoy the princess treatment, I think we all need to feel extra special, at least once a week right? :D

    Lidi @ Eclectic Flair

    ReplyDelete
  11. i think your really hard to put together outfits look great! and did you know, didn't even notice you've been wearing the same stuff over and over again! but i did know you were doing the 30for30.

    Just Better Together

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like the shirt from day 21. It seems like you aren't having any trouble with the 30x30 at all. Your outfits are awesome.
    My Heart Blogged

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats Emily
    http://amyfashionblog52.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am in love with those black trousers!

    -Tessa
    www.totallytessa.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooooooohhhh! I REALLY Love day 18 and 21. Day 18 is really chic and day 21 is really rocker-ish which I LOVE.
    I need to learn how to remix my outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sunday nights suck...all the the pressure of the upcoming week...ahhhh.
    Love all your outfits but my fave is 21.

    ReplyDelete
  17. my husband does the same things for me when i get overwhelmed and have little fits. husbands are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OOOOoooooo, I love your cropped black jacket on day 21!!
    And I love your princess treatment even more. My hubby just LAUGHED at me last night when I threw a temper tantrum. Maybe I should send him a link to this post... ;)

    Leaving the House in THIS?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ice cream fetching is exactly what husbands are best at (sometimes) :) I am in love with your pants in day 20, soo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  20. DAY 20. I AM DYING. love that, friend!

    ReplyDelete

You must know how much we love validation. Bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...